Sunday, January 17, 2010

Almost there !!! Do you want to try the prerelease version of PMW 2.0

Hi All,
Here is a good news, after more than one year a newer version of PMW is 'almost' ready and I invite you all to please try the prerelease version, and since it now internationalized I also need your help in localizing it in your own native language. Please leave your email id here with message that you would want to try the prerelase version (or would want to help in localization), and I will contact you soon.This upcoming release includes following features, 

  1. Internationalization: All the strings are now read from a language file (XML file), so users them self can localize it. user can have multiple language file and change the language on the fly.
  2. Auto Update: Now with new version, user will get to know when newer version is available, and will be able to upgrade to newer version.
  3. Portable version (too): Newer version will be truly portable version, so that user can take it with them in USB Thumb drive and use it where they go.
  4. Remember Priority: Now user will be able save priority of all application ...so If they are launched next time...they will be launched with remembered priority...
  5. Kill and Kill All menu in context menu of try : Now user will be able to kill application from PMW's tray menu too... this has been asked by many users in past...
  6. Configurable tray Menu: Users will be able decide which menus to keep.
  7. Shortcuts : Now all system menu operations have shortcuts..
  8. A new UI: little better than earilier version.




Sphere: Related Content

10 comments:

Arif Ali Saiyed said...

my email is arif[dot]ali[dot]syed[at]gmail[dot]com in case if you do not want to reveal your email id here.

steven_m_s. said...

thanks for letting me know that a new release is coming. thank you for your hard work.

Unknown said...

The 'transparency' keys conflict with Windows 7's snap hotkeys (pressing them snaps the window to each side of the screen, even across monitors), making PMW's keys (although they still work), unusable.

Perhaps you could let the user set their own shortcuts, and/or use different shortcut keys for transparency?

Many thanks,
Brian

Anonymous said...

PMW 2.0 is a nice improvement from previous version.

Remember priority and set priority don't work with everything however like my bluetooth manager set priority won't work with and my E-MU PatchMix neither works for.

Another good addition would be to add remember priority into windows task manager as well.

Anonymous said...

PMW 2.0 is a nice improvement from previous version.

Remember priority and set priority don't work with everything however like my bluetooth manager set priority won't work with and my E-MU PatchMix neither works for.

Another good addition would be to add remember priority into windows task manager as well.

Anonymous said...

Very happy to now be able to set and save priority of Firefox and other regularly used programs PMW is now more convenient than ever!

NotesOfLife said...

wow - new version is impressive! Keep on the good work! Will install it on all my private PCs!

Arif Ali Saiyed said...

@Brian,
Thanks for your feedback Brian.

I have locally done two changes on my machine. after your feedback.

1. I have changed the shortcuts.
Now all the shortcuts in system
Menu us Ctrl+Win+*
Earlier it was Win+*

2. I have added an option in
preferences.
"Allow Shortcut"

a) Now I am testing it myself.
Will give to some friends also for
test.

b) I will have to also request all
Translator to translate the
newly added string
"Allow Shortcuts"

Once a) and b) are successfully done. I will make another release.

Your PMW autoupdater will soon get a notification.

Perhaps before 25 April 2010.
(However No promise about dates).

Arif Ali Saiyed said...

@Invasmani :
and I am very happy to see you so happy :), Trust me on that.

About your problem with blue tooth manager... please check the
PMW_Remebered_Priorities.xml
Do you find an entry there, for process of blue tooth manager..

I recommend you to check out.
make use of user forum for such
issues so that not only me.
even others can help you

http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/processpriority/


@Village Hero : Thanks buddy
Nice name

Unknown said...

Hi all,

PMW Spanish translation sent to Arif.

Best regards
Pedro Beltrán